The People of GB have a right to get answers from the stake holders and political leadership of J& K and AJK in general and Mr. Yasin Malik in particular.
By: Shehbaz Ali Khan Advocate, Senior Lawyer & an Intellectual of Gilgit Baltistan.
The People of Gilgit Baltistan have a right to get answers from the stake holders and political leadership of J& K and AJK in general and Mr. Yasin Malik in particular with reference to his recent stance taken in respect of Gilgit Baltistan :
1. Whether the people of Indian Occupied J & K can take part in the plebiscite if any held in future, despite the fact that the Occupied J&K has been made part of India provisionally under Article 370 & 35 A of Indian Constitution ??? If so, why the people of GB could not take part in the plebiscite in case of GB given the “Same Constitutional Status & Rights” under the domain of Constitution of Pakistan till settlement of Kashmir Dispute???
2. Is it not a bitter fact that the UNCIP resolutions recognize only India & Pakistan as main parties to Kashmir Dispute and the sole options in the proposed plebiscite are either to vote for Pakistan or in favor of India, having no third option at all ???
3. Is t not a fact that the name of Gilgit Baltistan or Northern Areas does not exist at all in the resolutions of UN Security Council & the UNCIP Resolutions?
4. Is it not a fact that the Jammu and Kashmir have been two different entities since centuries and State of Jammu & Kashmir came into existence first time on 16th March 1846, when the Rulers of State of Jammu purchased the Territories of Kashmir from the British Regime and made part of its Jammu State?
5. Is it not a historical fact that the Kashmir did not remain as an independent state rather remained under subjugation of Indian Mughal Empire for Centuries , Part of Afghanistan & under the suzerainty of Khalisa State of Punjab till 1846?
6. Is it not a fact that the Gilgit Baltistan linked with Kashmir first time in 1865 when the Dogra Regime of State of J&K and forcibly occupied some parts of GB and ruled the same over a period of 82 years?? Is it not an admitted fact that the GB is de-linked from this illegal occupation since 68 years as a result of indigenous local revolution?
7. Is it not a historical fact that the territories of GB are not mentioned in the Kashmir Purchase Lahore /Amritsar Pacts made in 1846 rather it includes the some parts of the present Punjab & the KPK Province of Pakistan?
8. Is it not a fact that the history of Gilgit Baltistan is entirely different from Kashmir & Jammu, being a peculiar bottle necked geographically located region which remained safe from the invaders & foreign encroachers and all the valies in GB have been ruled under local small kingdoms since centuries??.
9. Is it not a historical fact that the Dogra Regime of newly established State of Jammu & Kashmir invaded some parts of Gilgit Baltistan and occupied the same in 1865 and ruled the area forcibly and against the wishes of the people of GB and was “forcibly driven out” by the people of Gilgit Baltistan on 1st November, 1947 as a result of local indigenous revolution as happened in cases of British Colonial Rule in Sub Continent in 1947 & North America in Eighteen Century and closing of French Colonial Chapter from Algeria? Can anyone claim now that India , Pakistan & USA are part of UK and Algeria is part of France on the basis of their centuries old illegal and unlawful occupati
10. Is it not a fact that instead of talking about 68 years grievances, democratic & constitutional rights of the two million human beings of GB, the political leadership of J & K and AJK always talked about the geographical territories of Gilgit Baltistan and claim the same as Part of that J &K State which infect has lost its existence:
i. On 26th October, 1947 when Dogra Ruler Hari Singh made accession with India,
: On 1st November, 1947 when the Revolutionary Government of Gilgit Baltistan came into existence after expelling the Dogra Regime from GB and acceded with Pakistan
: In 1948 when AJK was liberated with the help of Pak Army & the
11. Is it not an admitted fact that the people of AJK J & K speaks about “ Kashmir Banay Gha Pakistan” but failed to do so till date, whereas the people of GB got liberated their home land by themselves and made the same as part of Pakistan practically 68 years before ? If so why the people of GB should be made sacrifice goat and punished for failure of the people of AJK & J &K to do so in this regard?
12. Keeping in view of above mentioned facts, is there any legal or moral justification left in favor of all the stake holders of AJK & J &K to interfere into affairs of Gilgit Baltistan??http://apnagilgit.com/people-gb-right-get-answers-stake-holders-political-leadership-j-k-ajk-general-mr-yasin-malik-particular/http://apnagilgit.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/13809_892736547457546_686335277554400023_n.jpghttp://apnagilgit.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/13809_892736547457546_686335277554400023_n-300x300.jpgArticlesNews